HOT TUB RULES
Hot Tub Disclaimer Galloway Farmstay Claunch
THE HOT TUB MUST BE VACATED AT 9PM EVERY NIGHT
We hope that using our hot tub is a pleasurable and relaxing experience; however, for your safety and enjoyment there are strict guidelines that must be adhered to when using the hot tub. Before we can allow you access to the hot tub we require you to read and understand the following safety guidelines and complete and return the form on page 3. The signatory is responsible for making sure that all members of their party strictly adhere to these guidelines. Please note that a member of staff will visit the hot tub during your stay. This is simply to check the chemical levels of the water and adjust if necessary.
Rules & Regulations for using the hot tub: -
1. To reduce the risk of injury the water in the hot tub will never exceed 40°C. Extended use can increase the risk of hyperthermia. Pregnant, or possibly pregnant, women should not be using the hot tub. Failure to do so may result in permanent injury to your baby. CHILDREN UNDER 5 SHOULD NOT USE THE HOT TUB.
2. To avoid burns please test the water with your hand before entering the hot tub to make sure it is comfortable.
3. To avoid causing water contamination please shower before using the hot tub
4. Extreme caution must be exercised to prevent unauthorised access by children. To avoid accidents, children must be supervised by an adult at all times when using the hot tub. Please make sure that children are careful when entering or exiting the hot tub and please remind them that wet surfaces can be very slippery.
5. To avoid risk of electrocution under no circumstances must the operating panel be removed from the tub
6. To avoid risk of injury please do not remove the suction fittings (filter standpipes) located in the filter compartment
7. Be cautious of wet surface! Remember that these can be very slippery so please take great care when entering and exiting the hot tub
8. Do not jump into the hot tub
9. People with infectious diseases should not use the hot tub
10. Keep any loose articles of clothing or hanging jewellery away from the rotating jets or other moving compartments.
11. Do not stand or sit on the hot tub cover
12. Please be aware that the use of drugs, alcohol or medication before, or during Spa use, may lead to a danger of drowning.
13. Persons using medication should consult their doctor before using a hot tub. Some medication may cause drowsiness, while other medications may affect heart rate, blood pressure and circulation.
14. Persons using medications that induce drowsiness such as tranquillisers, antihistamines, or anticoagulants should not use the hot tub.
15. Pregnant women should consult a doctor before using the hot tub.
16. Persons suffering from obesity, or with a medical history of heart disease, low or high blood pressure, circulatory problems or diabetes should consult a doctor before using the hot tub.
17. Please be aware that prolonged immersion in hot water can result in hyperthermia – a dangerous condition that occurs when the internal body temperature exceeds 37°C. Symptoms include unawareness of impending hazard, failure to perceive heat, failure to recognise the need to exit the hot tub, foetal damage in pregnant women and unconsciousness resulting in a danger of drowning. The use of alcohol, drugs or medication can greatly increase the risk of fatal hyperthermia in hot tubs.
18. Do not use the hot tub immediately after strenuous exercise.
19. As a general rule, the maximum safe amount of time to soak in a hot tub is 30 minutes. However, the ambient air temperature or alcohol consumption can shorten those times.
Important Hot Tub Do’s & Don’ts
DO use and lock the cover when the hot tub is not in use, whether it is empty or full
DO shower at all times before using the hot tub as perfume, hair gel etc. can contaminate the water
DON’T lift or drag the vinyl cover by using the cover lock strap. Always lift the cover by using the handles provided.
DON’T use any glassware in the vicinity of the hot tub. Plastic drinks containers are provided if not please ask a member of staff
DON’T allow pets in or near the hot tub
DON’T use any soap products, detergent or shampoo in the hot tub.
DON’T drink the hot tub water
DON’T allow anyone to sleep in the hot tub as the water is very deep
DON’T use electrical items in and around the hot tub
Please treat the hot tub as if it is your own as maintenance is very expensive. Any damage to the lid, vinyl cover, lifting system, filtration etc. will be charged for. Furthermore, any maintenance required as a result of the introduction of pollutants (including soap, shampoo, alcohol etc.) will also incur an extra charge.
Galloway Farmstay Claunch
Please fill in the form below,
I have read and understood the guidelines and safety advice for using the hot tub
It is important that all hot tub users shower before use, and no soap products, fake tan etc. are to be used in the hot tub. Furthermore, no outside clothing (including trainers) is to be worn in the hot tub.
I agree only to use the hot tub in the correct manner, following the safety guidelines. I understand that Galloway Farmstay Claunch will in no way be held responsible for any accident or injury arising from the incorrect use of the hot tub, or failure to adhere to the safety advice.
I understand that any damage to the hot tub or cover incurred during my stay will have to be covered by myself
_______________________________________ Print Name
I do not wish to use the hot tub at Claunch and I understand the facility will remained locked during my stay.
_______________________________________ Print Name